Wednesday 5 September 2012

SALADS SALADS SALADS


My efforts to be healthy and still enjoy my lunch...why risk ruining a day with a bad meal!!

I got a massive selection of all sorts of veg and got roasting-
Aubergine
Courgette
Red Onion
White Onion

Slice thickly, about 1.5cm thick and add oil, salt and pepper and whole garlic cloves and roast for 30 mins. Let them cool /leave them in the fridge over night then make up your salad.

For this one I added the following-
Green olives- not stones!!
Cherry Tomatoes
Cucumber
Red Pepper
Green lentil- pre cooked, you can buy them in tins.

I added a good quality ham and made a dijon lemon and olive oil dressing, added salt and pepper and was well away!! Healthy...happy days.



TIP: Don't add the dressing until you're about to serve, no one like a soggy salad!!


A nice close up...honestly it tasted good!


Another variation- including all the roasted veg-

Aubergine
Courgette
White Onion
Yellow pepper
Asparagus (this is a good one to add, don't think I did for this one but...)
Then add-
Lettuce
Mozzarella
Ham
Then finish it off with pesto.


ACTUALLY FIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment